My initial intention was to make one of these projects from Sewing for Children every week. Doesn't seem like too much to bite off, don't you think? Well, here it is seven weeks later, and we're finally finished with our second project. In case you missed the first project, it's here. Actually we were finished this one a couple weeks ago, but it's taken me this long to blog. And I thought this was the perfect day to blog it, since today is Bea's 8th birthday. Happy birthday to my lovely little girl, who is growing up all too quickly. sigh... Beatrice chose the Doll's Bedding for her second project. She has a special little doll named Julie, whom she dotes over and loves dearly. I love the fabric that Beatrice chose for the blanket - very fitting for her bright, colorful style.
The thing I didn't anticipate was that Beatrice would quickly discover that she loathed the backstitch. Reason number one that this project took so long. It's full of backstitching, and she just didn't want to do it. I ended up doing a lot of the stitching, rather than making this a dreaded craft. She definitely got better at the backstitch as she went, so hopefully sometime soon she'll get to the point where she can enjoy it. Or else this blog series is going to turn into a whole lotta me, crafting.
On to the photos... and yes - there's even one of me in here - Michael grabbed the camera while we were working. An all too rare photo of me with one of the kids...